We at Resource Pad (We created Resource Pad by blending our skills for web development, content strategy, and social media into a powerful, agile team. Our team of designers, brand strategists, and project managers partner with you to build forward-thinking user experiences, so you can focus on result-driven outcomes.) are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Resource Pad Marketing & Design, (“Resource Pad ”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with www.resourcePad.ca (the “Site”).
By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Resource Pad practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site.
If you have any questions or comments concerning Resource Pad ’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to contact (at) resourcePad.ca.
You can also contact Resource Pad via postal mail at: 910 Nadalin heights Milton Ontario L9T 8R1
1) Personal Information Resource Pad gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Resource Pad collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Resource Pad to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Resource Pad. Resource Pad may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. Resource Pad automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps Resource Pad analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Resource Pad, information about how you use Resource Pad’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Resource Pad business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Resource Pad collects Mobile Location. Posted Information.
2) How Resource Pad Collects Personal Information
Resource Pad gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Resource Pad or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Resource Pad.
If and when you contact Resource Pad via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for Resource Pad’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis Resource Pad relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Resource Pad in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimized and secure interaction. Resource Pad makes sure to weigh any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before Resource Pad processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless Resource Pad has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the impact on your overrides Resource Pad’s interests.
3) How Resource Pad Uses Personal Information
Resource Pad may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help Resource Pad better understand you, to help Resource Pad customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help Resource Pad otherwise enhance the Site.
Resource Pad uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ Resource Pad experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Resource Pad partners or third parties; and
4) When and Why Resource Pad Discloses Personal Information
Resource Pad will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Resource Pad will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Resource Pad Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Resource Pad employs other companies to perform tasks on Resource Pad’s behalf and therefore Resource Pad must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Resource Pad may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Resource Pad’s rights or protect Resource Pad property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Resource Pad believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss
- Resource Pad believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or t regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Resource Pad believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Resource Pad believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Resource Pad in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Resource Pad believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Resource Pad will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Resource Pad is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Resource Pad’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Resource Pad discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Resource Pad does not own or control, or individuals that Resource Pad does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Resource Pad’s control. Resource Pad is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Resource Pad Site. Resource Pad encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
5) Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, Resource Pad considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why Resource Pad gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
6) Tracking Technologies - Indirect Data Collection
7) Choice and Control
While Resource Pad does need to gather certain information to make your Resource Pad experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Resource Pad wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Resource Pad may contact you about our services or your activity.
- Cookies and Tracking Devices. Upon visiting Resource Pad’s site for the first time (or after a clearing a browser’s cache) you when you visit our site.
- If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Resource Pad by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
8) Security of Personal Information
Resource Pad strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Resource Pad cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Resource Pad strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
9) EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Resource Pad holds about you and to check that Resource Pad is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables Resource Pad to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though Resource Pad may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Resource Pad to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for Resource Pad continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Resource Pad to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where Resource Pad may have processed your information unlawfully or where Resource Pad is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that Resource Pad may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where Resource Pad is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Resource Pad is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Resource Pad may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Resource Pad to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Resource Pad to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where Resource Pad’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Resource Pad to erase it; (c) where you need Resource Pad to hold the data even if Resource Pad no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Resource Pad’s use of your data but Resource Pad needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Resource Pad will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Resource Pad to use or where Resource Pad used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where Resource Pad is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Resource Pad may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Resource Pad will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
10) Withdrawing Consent
If Resource Pad is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting Resource Pad at contact@resourcePad.ca
11) Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Resource Pad through the Site. Resource Pad utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Resource Pad. Resource Pad encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
12) Resource Pad Blog
13) Changes to this Privacy Statement
Resource Pad may, from time to time, in Resource Pad’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. Resource Pad encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
14) Contact Resource Pad
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Resource Pad by sending an email to contact (at) contact@resourcePad.ca.